Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Predicting the Holy War


Trying to guess the winner of the Holy War is like picking the winning horse in the Kentucky derby. Some horses might have a better chance but when the race is actually run, anyone has a chance. I'm just glad there is not family pool like there is with the NCAA tournament because I'm sure my sister or my aunt would win because they just used their birthday to pick the score. Before I get to that I feel obligated to predict the rest of the MWC scores.

Wyoming at CSU: The Cowboys are fighting for a bowl birth and CSU is fighting for pride. It's another rivalry games so it's another tough one to pick. I'm going with the hot hand in this one. I think Wyoming's offense will do just enough to keep them within striking range all game long. ACS will come alive in the 4th quarter for a touchdown drive, the win, and a bowl game. Wyoming 21 CSU 17

New Mexico at TCU: New Mexico has progressively gotten better as the year has gone on. This one will get ugly though because there is a lot on the line for TCU. I don't think there will be any letdowns at this point. TCU 55 New Mexico 7

SDSU at UNLV: I don't think this game means much to either team except ending the season with a win. Neither team is going bowling. For SDSU they are on the up and up and talent wise they should win this game. UNLV may have something to play for if they want to send Sanford out on a win. I think i will be a nail bighter with SDSU winning a close one. SDSU 49 UNLV 42

Utah at BYU: BYU will be favored by a few points when the game starts at 3 on Saturday but that really doesn't mean much. The Y has traditionally been very good in this rivalry game when a Senior QB is at the helm. Actually since 2001 BYU is 2-0 when playing with a Senior QB and Utah is also 2-0 when playing with a Senior QB. I think that will be the difference as the Utes will be starting Fr. Jordan Wynn. I look for Hall to have a monster game because I think the Utes will stack the box and force Hall to win the game instead of Unga. BYU 31 Utah 17




No comments:

Post a Comment