Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A little bit of this and a little bit of that


I did alright last week going 3-1 but that's not saying much when all you have to do is go with the "big three" and you'll get at least three points as long as none of the big three are playing each other. BYU plays TCU this week so I can't count on my guaranteed 3 points this week and instead I'll have to rely on my knowledge (or lack of) to get me some correct picks.

Air Force at Utah: If this game was in Colorado Springs I would be inclined to pick an upset this week. Utah is finding their stride on offense while their defense continues to keep them in games. Air Force has shown a really good defense this year too though so this could be a very low scoring affair for most of the game with Air Force getting a couple touchdowns early and then Utah getting a few late. Utah 24 Air Force 17

San Diego St. at Colorado St.: I think the winner of this match up will use the momentum and end up as the 5th place team in the MWC and the loser will end up the 7th place team. Both defenses have been pretty porous for the most part this year and so I expect this one to be a shoot-out. BYU made both these offenses look good when they played them, giving both quarterbacks all day to throw. The difference in this game will be A. CSU has the home field advantage and B. CSU should be toughened up and hungry for a win after facing Utah, TCU and BYU in consecutive weeks. CSU 45 SDSU 42

UNLV at New Mexico: This is just a battle to see which log goes down the drain first and which one can hold on till the next flush. Seriously these are two really bad football teams. It will be ugly but UNLV is going to run away with this one. UNLV 42 New Mexico 17

TCU at BYU: This is going to be a dog fight. College Game Day is headed to Provo to air their weekly show and the crowd will be very pumped up in part because of CGD. I think this will be a very clean football game with very few mistakes, maybe a fumble from each side. I think it will probably be a lot like BYU vs TCU from 2007. TCU has only allowed more than 30 points 3 times since joining the MWC and 2 of those are to BYU. I'm going with the home(r) team on this one. BYU 31 TCU 27

No comments:

Post a Comment