Thursday, October 1, 2009

MWC Preview and Predictions

I went 5-1 last week in my predictions so I guess I'm on a roll, lets see if I can keep it going this week.
BYU vs Utah St: Aggie fans are back complaining that BYU football is a drain on the LDS church and a waste of tithing money. I think they are really just complaining that it a drain on their "fandom". Utah St. has only one this "rivalry" once since 1982 so I can understand their frustration. That won't end Friday and the Aggies only hope for happiness is that they wake up Saturday morning to listen to General Conference and President Monson announces the end of BYU athletics.
BYU 42 Utah St. 17

Air Force at Navy: Air Force has had a little trouble with Navy the past few years, but I think this year Air Force has a good advantage. This will be a quick game with both teams trying to control the ball and run the clock out. I'm going to pick Air Force in a close one.
Air Force 21 Navy 17

New Mexico at Texas Tech: New Mexico's season has gotten ugly very fast. The only thing that could turn the Lobo's season around would be a huge upset over Texas Tech. New Mexico is just really really bad though so I don't see that happening.
New Mexico 21 Texas Tech 49

Wyoming at Florida Atl: This was a great job of scheduling by the Wyoming AD. I like this game thrown in between two conference games. This should be a nice win for the Cowboys and a chance to get their new offense in a groove.
Wyoming 35 Florida Atl 13

UNLV at Nevada: With last weeks loss to Wyoming, UNLV replaced Wyoming as one of the worst 3 teams in the conference. I win here would go a long way towards helping them get out of the cellar. UNLV will be up for this game but I think they will lose a heart-breaker to the Wolfpack.
UNLV 34 Nevada 35

New Mexico St. at San Diego St.: This is one game I can't wait to miss. It pitts to terrible teams in a huge stadium and no one will be there to watch. I hope San Diego St. can win this just because it is a WAC opponent.
San Diego 23 New Mexico St. 20

S. Methodist at TCU: I guess this is a rivalry game, sort of. Nothing like the Methodists vs. the Mormons, but they are both Christian schools so that should make it a very fair game right? Well I don't think the Horned Frogs will be very "Christ-like" in this one.
S. Methodist 7 TCU 28

No comments:

Post a Comment