Wednesday, August 5, 2009

22 days 22 Players

There are a few days this coming month when I won't actually have to await the college football season. So I did some math and I actually only have 22 days until BYU's opener vs. Oklahoma (For everyone else that still has 33 day, I'm sorry, not trying to rub it in or anything...) That means I have just enough time to do a profile and prediction on each of BYU's 22 Projected starters. So here goes nothing:
OT Matt Reynolds:
Reynolds, a SO, protected Halls blind side all last year and did a dang good job of it. Such a good job in fact that he was able to garner Freshman All-America honors. Matt will anchor an offensive line that returns only one starter from last year, himself. Reynolds was somehow left off the pre-season MWC first team, but that may be due more to BYU meda relation's inability to promote their players, or that the committee already had 3 Cougars on the 1st team offense and were a little wary of putting another on the team. Regardless, Reynolds is 1st team material and by years end I think he will prove that. Matt's most vocal fan should be Quarterback Max Hall. Reynolds will give Hall the time that he needs to pick apart offenses and not worry about losing his head. It's hard to project how well an offensive lineman will do but you won't hear Matt's name called very often this year, and when you're a lineman that's a good thing.

4 comments:

  1. I don't get the 22 days thing. Are you on a different planet with 34-hour long days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha no I'll be on my honeymoon for the remaining days. Probably the only time in my life when I won't be thinking of football.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In that case, congratulations. But you probably should still think about football a little bit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure I will, just can't let her know about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete