Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Honeymoon is officially over


Sounds like a bad phrase doesn't it? Well only if your wife turns out to be a total bust then it is. Since I'm pretty sure my wife isn't a bust, I'm going to turn my attention to my other spouse...The football team. (Don't be mad honey, I told you I had another fiancee.) The season is must around the corner so it's time to find out who is a bust and who is the real deal. Here are my picks

BUST:
Scott Johnson: Now before I get jumped on, let me explain. I like Johnson, he has a nose for the ball and he seams to make a lot of plays as I have said earlier. He also has a nose for the injury bug though. He's gonna end up spending significant time on the bench trying to heal and when he is in the game he will struggle to find a rhythm.

REAL DEAL:
HARVEY UNGA. He will get more carries than last year and he will be healthier than last year too. I know he pulled a hammy and he got the H1N1 virus but I think overall he will not be as banged up as last year. He's also gonna break the career yardage mark set by Curtis Brown. The biggest reason I am picking him to step it up this year? We have some good change of pace backs. Having some speed will help Unga because it will open up the field and allow him to punish defenders 1 on 1 or even 1 on 2. When you have only 1 or 2 guys tackling Unga, he gets 6 or 7 yards every time. The one downside to Unga's situation this year is the health and inexperience of the O-line. If they can have a halfway decent season, Unga is going to wow a lot of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment