Thursday, September 10, 2009

Breaking Down Coach Toledo


After reading coach Toledo's comments on BYU's returned missionaries, a lot of us were a bit confused and most thought it was a little funny. I thought I would come to coach's defense and explain some of his comments.

"They've got guys going on 2-year missions and they come back". Now we have to take it easy on Coach for this one. We all know that 99.9% of our missionaries come back. Coach Toledo was just a little confused because the last time one of his players said he was going on a 2 year "mission" he never came back. Turns out his mission was to the New Orleans prison.

"I would venture to say that I heard that there's like forty-something guys that are married on that football team and I know they have kids too." Most of us thought that when he said "they have kids too" that he was adding that to say they were married, AND they had kids. He was really just finding the common ground between the two teams, his players have kids, and our players do too. The only difference is that his players are unsure of where their kids are or who they are.

"So, they're mature guys who are responsible people too". I think that he is comparing the two teams again. Both teams are mature enough to have offspring, BYU's players are also responsible because they know how many kids they have.

"But they're an experienced football team because of the Mormon Faith they have to do the 2-year mission as I mentioned, they come back." I think he is still a little upset about his player not coming back from his "mission".

"I know one guy went away as a quarterback and when he came back he was a nose tackle." By nose tackle I think he means the ability to sniff out and tackle anyone on the team who has Twinkies.

"They grow and mature." I've got to be honest I'm not really sure where he is going with this one. I was really unaware of the fact that our players grow and mature so I'll have to just wait for Toledo to explain this one himself.

Well that's all guys. Have a great day and GO COUGARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment