Friday, September 4, 2009

Thoughts from last nights game

So last night I arrived at my brothers house at around half time of the Utah-Utah St. game. I have to admit I was pretty excited, not only because it marked the official start to college football this year, but also because I had heard that the MTN was going HD. I was obviously disappointed to find out that they had decided to go with web cams instead. The quality was really awful. You couldn't tell where the Ball as going on passes because the picture was so jumpy. I'm glad our first two games are in HD on ESPN.
On the football sideI wasn't too impressed with Cain's performance either. Maybe he just wasn't as focused because Utah St. really is terrible, but he did not look like he could complete a pass for longer than 15 yds. I looked at the stats and he had a very respectable line going 20-30 with 286 yds 2 TD's and 1 int. but all the throws I saw him complete in the second half were 5-10 yd throws. Anything longer than that he completely missed the target. Asiata on the other hand was a beast, either that or Utah St. is terrible at stopping the run. I think it's both. Anyway with as bad as Utah St. looked, Oregon looked worse against the Boise St. Donkeys. There offense was ugly to say the least. For anyone who missed it, it took them almost 3 quarters to get their first First Down of the game. Is anyone else wondering how in the heck Oregon can start out every year ranked in the top 25 and then subsequently drop off the map and still end up in the top 25 the following year?
Only about a day and a half left until kickoff! GO COUGARS!
Also if you missed it here is the youtube video of the sucker punch from the Oregon Boise St. game.

No comments:

Post a Comment