Monday, September 21, 2009

Was that just a nightmare?

Really? I'm just waiting for my wife to wake me up from my Saturday afternoon nap and tell me to hurry up or we'll be late for the FSU game. Since I never fell asleep on Saturday then I don't think that will happen so here is my take on Saturday's game.
First, crow does not taste very good at all. It's kind of bitter in fact. That's mostly because of all the BYU haters that love to salt the wound. But it also tastes especially bitter because I predicted not just a BYU win but a blowout. I was obviously way off the mark. In my own defense though, that was not the same team that came to play in weeks one and two. A lot of that is because of how good FSU was. Their speed and execution gave us huge problems and we were never able to stop them.
That having been said, this was not the end of the world. We are 2-1 and guess what? That is exactly the record most thought was our best case scenario heading into conference play. We are still in good position to win the conference and then we'll see what happens from there.
Turnovers were huge, but I don't really care to dissect the whole game because it was a complete disaster. I hope we don't see that kind of game later on in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment