Thursday, September 3, 2009

Preivew: BYU vs Oklahoma

Kickoff is just around the corner so I'm going to get the ball rolling on my blog with my first ever game preview. So here it goes with some key match-ups:
Max Hall's red scooter vs. Sam Bradford's friendship with Colt McCoy:
Earlier there were quite a few Cougar fans that were upset that Max Hall owned a red scooter complaining that it was a "yewt scooter". I personally won't worry about his scooter unless he is giving Dennis Pitta a ride to practice on the back. These are probably the same fans that would criticize Bronco if he were to get a bloody nose and fail to change the color of his blood to blue. Sam Bradford's friendship with Texas QB Colt McCoy, however, is a quite the story. Mostly because I have to wonder just how close they are. I am going to assume that if Bradford had an orange scooter he would've given Colt a ride to the QB camps every day. The only thing I am waiting for on this one is for Bradford to invite McCoy to guest star on his fashion show on HGTV. The advantage in this one goes to Max Hall. You can keep your red scooter.
Dennis Pitta vs. Jermaine Gresham: Well up until a few hours ago this one would have been pretty close until ESPN reported that Gresham was out for the game with a knee injury. Now I can gladly chalk up this one as advantage BYU. That is of course assuming that Gresham has not yet appeared on Bradford's fashion show and will not be dawning any flamboyant or otherwise distracting clothing. (NOTE: Anyone who would like to attack me for not being disappointed at another players injury, save your breath. I know I must be a terrible person but I'll take any break we can get in this one)
BYU O-Line vs. Oklahoma D-line: What we still have an O-line? That's news to me. Lucky for us Oklahoma is suffering from the same problem on their O-line so maybe we can survive a shootout. Edge on this one goes to Oklahoma.
BYU Secondary vs Oklahoma Receivers: I was unaware that our secondary was making the flight to Texas this weekend. I figured we would just place cardboard cutouts of Aaron Fransisco about 10 yards deep then hope Bradford doesn't notice and will only throw to his back up tight end. Advantage Oklahoma.
BYU's Best Chance of Winning: Get the Mets to give Oklahoma pep talk before the game and at half-time causing Oklahoma to blow a huge lead. Other options are to get Hanley Ramirez from the Marlins to convince Sam Brandford that he needs to fake an ACL injury so he can be on Sports Center. If those don't work we can convince Bradford that his best chance at stardom is to lose unexpectedly then give a moving speech about how no one in the country will work harder than he will to win the National Championship.
Ok joking aside I think in order for BYU to have a chance they have to come out hard and fast (that's what... never mind I'll keep this "G" rated). OK so now all joking aside for real. The offense needs to come out with something the Sooners haven't seen. Maybe a 5 receiver set or something. March down the field in a two minute offense and don't give the defense a chance to rest until the game is over. If we can be successful in that for the first couple series then we could be in for a real thriller. If this is the case then I will predict a Cougar upset, if we come out with the same vanilla execution doesn't matter who the opponent is stuff then it will end up a lot like last years TCU game only worse. And the Score will be: BYU 35 Oklahoma 34.

No comments:

Post a Comment